Sunday, September 03, 2006

GAYATHRI MANTHRA



Om ! Bhoor Bhuva Suvah: Thath Savithur Vare'nyam |
Bhargo Dhevasya Dheemahi Dhiyo Yo Nah: Prachodhayath ||

AUM, O' triple wonder of creation, continuance, and dispersion
Splendor of the three inter-linked worlds here, and around, and beyond!


O' adorable immaculate One, May You, that Supreme Divine being,
Stimulate our intelligence for our self-awakening,
So that we may realize the Supreme Truth . . .. ||

The accepted meaning of Gayatri Mantra is as follows:

OM: - Pranava - The word that is God
BHUR: - God who is eternal
BHUVAHA: - God who is the creator
SVAHA: - God who is Independent
OM TAT: - That eternal God
SAVITHUR: - That creative principle of light
VARENYAM: - That Supreme God
BHARGO: - That light that bestows wisdom, bliss and everlasting life
DHEVASYA: - The light of that God
DHEEMAHI: - we mediate
DHIYO: - May our intellect
YO NAHA: - Be directed by that lord
PRACHODAYAT: - Towards Illumination

OM, thou my supreme lord, my innermost Self, may thou open my mind and
make it receptive to comprehend the deep meaning of thy word OM and
enable me to purify my mind so as to unlock the door to wisdom! May my
consciousness be free to experience that pure and immaculate awareness,
and be able to abide in that absolute Self. May all my propensities be
erased to make me ready for the holy immersion into the supreme
taintless immutable Self.

1 Opinions of My Blog Viewers:

R Kamal

have heard it so many times.but till now i didnt know the meaning.not any more.thanks!

Blogger template 'CoolingFall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008